Saturday, August 20, 2011

Random Questions on a Lazy Saturday Morning

I have no school this morning! *happy dance* 

Clinicals are on break for a few weeks.  I do have one class later this afternoon, but it's only for ninety minutes.  I'm pretty psyched about my mini 'vacation'.

But....I'm not used to having so much free time on my hands on a Saturday.....

Then I saw that over at  Word Nerd Speaks (my favorite blog), readers were invited to answer some random questions.  Score!  Now I have something to do as I laze about this morning :)

1.  Using what's in your fridge right now, what sort of meal would you be able to make for guests knocking on your door this very minute?
I'd like to believe that anybody that's coming for a visit would have the courtesy to call first--so I could be better prepared for them.  But if I did have to throw a meal together for these rude no-callers...it would probably be pasta and salad.  I have plenty of pasta in my pantry, ingredients to put together some "semi-homemade" sauce, and some random salad veggies in my fridge.  Oh, and I also have a bag of shredded mozzarella--we could have baked ziti.

2.  What is something about yourself that you hope will change but probably never will?
I would love to be more organized.  I envy people who have systems and special tricks to keep things in order.  I admire how neat and polished things look when everything is in it's own place.  I've tried--I really have!  I bought containers, folders--whatever I thought was necessary to get my spaces in shape.  It starts off well enough but in no time at all I'm back to the chaos. 

3.  What is something about yourself that you hope will never change?
I don't feel my age at all.  I don't know if it's that I'm "young at heart" or I'm in some sort of denial.  I might be about to hop on the expressway to the big 4-0...but I honestly feel like I'm barely coming up on thirty.  I can't help but think that this mindset will be helpful as the numbers keep rising.  A positive outlook keeps you young, right???

4.  Do you usually send serious or funny greeting cards and why?
I prefer funny greeting cards.  Of course, I'd never send a funny card to someone who is gravely ill or has just lost a loved one, but overall I think funny is the way to go.  However, I normally don't send funny cards to my mother.  If you knew my mom, you'd understand.  I really don't think that she would appreciate my sense of humor--at all.  I laugh at the same things twelve year old boys do.  She has the sense of humor of the 72-year old that she's about to be.  I always send very thoughtful and sentimental cards to her.

5.  Bird watching, shell gathering, or star-gazing--your choice for whiling away the hours?
What?  No option for the internet?  Come on now, that's how my hours are whiled away!  Well that and books, TV, and makeup.  Birds do not interest me (although I do like to listen to them sing in the morning while I'm still in bed).  There are no beaches here and, seriously, the beach is OUTDOORS...IN NATURE.  Nature isn't really my thing.  Plus, I'm so pale that I'd get burned out there faster than you could say shell-gathering.  Star-gazing it is! 

6.  Do you double or triple-check things?  If so, what?
Only one thing I can think of.  My car keys.  I have a 'fear' of locking my keys in the car.  I will check my purse and pants pockets at least three times before I'll lock the car doors. 

7.  What's your favorite place for people watching?
I want to say everywhere.  I am a notorious people-watcher.  What they're doing....what they're wearing...how they're behaving....you name it, I want to observe it.  But, if I had to pick a favorite it would be a tie between a restaurant and the checkout line at the grocery store.  Why?  Because I think the types of food people choose can say tons about them.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.I'm really glad that I've started blogging again.  I know that I don't blog (on either of my blogs) with enough regularity, but I really enjoy it and I feel very fortunate that people actually stop by and read what I've written.  I may not have a ton of followers, but just to know that what I do here is appreciated (even the smallest little bit) really makes my day!  Oh and I checked my stats for the first time... and was surprised to learn that more people are reading than following.  So to those readers who are in hiding....come on make a girls day even brighter....click the follow button! 

Have a great weekend everybody and if you're bored like me this morning...take a stab at these questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Always feel free to leave a comment...or just stop by to say hi. Thanks :-)