Monday, May 7, 2012

Makeup Monster (30 Days of Truth--Day 4)



(Day 4 asks What is part of your daily routine that you enjoy?)

I am nuts for makeup. 

A little over three years ago, I mentioned to my husband that I was jealous of girls who had makeup skills.  I told him that someday I'd like to learn how to apply makeup--eyeshadow in particular--without looking like a toddler playing with her mother's makeup.  Back then, I wore just enough makeup to make me look human.  Anything beyond the most basic eyeliner, mascara and foundation was completely foreign to me.

My husband suggested checking the internet for advice and instruction.  That idea hadn't ever occurred to me.  After just a few clicks, I found myself bombarded with information.

And a monster was born.

With a lot of practice...and I do mean A LOT...I became pretty darn good at it.  There is always room for growth and improvement but, overall, I'm quite pleased with what I have learned to do during  what has become my obsession hobby.

Just about everyday....regardless of what my plans are...I usually do some sort of makeup.  Even if my plans are just running to the grocery store or going to work. 

This is my ME time.  An hour (depending on what I have to do that day) that is totally dedicated to what I want to do.

Some people relax with a glass of wine and a good book.

I grab a soda or a coffee, crank the tunes, and paint my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Always feel free to leave a comment...or just stop by to say hi. Thanks :-)